You are here
Scholarship is boon for students belonging to the weaker sections of the society, who are unable to pursue their education for some reason or the other. Scholarship is an incentive as well as encouragement for students, who are talented, but do not have the means to study further. There are a variety of scholarships – merit-based, need-based, student-specific, career-specific and college-specific.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education offers National Scholarship and also facilitates in the nomination process for the External Scholarships offered by various countries, to the meritorious and eligible students.
The National Scholarships are :
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
- Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir
- Scheme for Scholarship to Students from Non-Hindi Speaking States for Post Matric Studies in Hindi
The External Scholarships are :
- Commonwealth Scholarships for United Kingdom and New Zealand
- Scholarships offered by China, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Italy, Mexico, and Sri Lanka.
- Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship
The Ministry also issue No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) Certificate required by Indian Immigrants in Canada, USA, Singapore, etc.
In addition, the Ministry also implements Central Scheme of Interest Subsidy for Education Loans (CSIS).